C3D MINI no fire from lightburn/board only

Hey all… this is my first post here…

Im totally newbie to K40, so bear over with me…

i got a used k40 with a dead psu, got a new MYJG60W, pretty decent upgrade, and hooked up a 24v psu together with it…

i then made sure all was working, and it was… i then changed to the c3d mini i bought, and it worked too, but it does not fire the laser in any way, no signs of life…

i feel like i have tried everything… it works fine when i testfire on the controlpanel and the psu… but i cant do a job from lightburn or throw gcode at it to make it fire… nothing happens…

i have connected it and followed lasergods guides and links all the way through, and it has been mostly helpfull!

if i could give you a picture of the wiring right now, i would… but i cant untill tomorrow… but i can tell what is connected to where… :slight_smile: in case theres any question about wiring… :slight_smile:

Clear pictures of all the wiring is a must for us to give the best help. Hopefully it will be something simple you may have overlooked.

2 Likes

indeed it was… been messin with it a few days, and i didnt think about connecting ground together on DC side… only connected them on AC side… doh… i feel sooo stupid… could have figured it out without asking lol…

i just did my first cutting, the firing worked as supposed after i connected DC ground on Lpsu and 24V :slight_smile:

so if anyone changes to a Lpsu and dedicated 24v, remember to share dc ground! or the board wont go low and fire laser :smiley:

1 Like

Glad you got it figured out.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.