Board connection lost

Machine: K40 Laser

Board: LaserBoard Cohesion 3D (2021)

Firmware: Smoothie

Problem/ Question:

Hello all,
so the board sporadically disconnects from my pc.
At first that only happened at long shading programs and when I used over 90% power.

Quick research in the forum says that this happens if there is poor grounding or electrical noise of water/airpumps wich are in the same circuit. I’m using the given K40 230V AC pump.
I mean that sounds logic but how should I seperate the pump of the board?

Do I need to lay a new cable, at another phase to my main fuse box or just distance the pump from the circuit by a few meters or something else?

best regards :slight_smile:

Console:
Layer C00
Layer C00
Layer C00
Layer C00
Connection lost
Stream fertiggestellt in 19:04
Smoothie
ok
ok
Homing
ok

Hi Lorenz,

Please provide clear pictures of your machine, control panel, board, other electrical components, and wiring with the LaserBoard connected. This will help us determine if there is some wiring or setup issue in your machine.

Start here and see if your computer settings, USB cable, or other grounding issues may be causing the drop out: USB Dropouts and Brownouts

Make sure your USB Cable is shielded, not longer than 16’, and that you are not using a USB extender. Keep the HV wire from the LPSU away from the board.

The electrical noise mentioned is for any other appliances, like a water chiller or air compressor that are on the same circuit that your board is connected to, which may put additional load on the circuit. The recommendation is to put them on a separate circuit in the house.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.