Where does your machine home to? Where are your endstops located in the work area? You may need to change the ‘Machine Origin’ to the opposite corner from your currently set location to get the orientation correct.
For the configuration changes to dial in the physics for your machine size, please review our Larger Laser Machine Installation Guide. Specifically, scroll down to the bottom to see the configuration changes. Use a program like Sublime Text to make edits, to prevent getting formatting errors. Word, Writer, or NotePad will not work properly.
I’m going to give you a starting point config file for your laser machine.
- Power down the machine and remove the SD card.
- Insert the memory card into your computer or an appropriate card reader connected to your computer.
- Open the the drive for the card to see the config.txt file.
- Remove the original config.txt file off of the SD card and save a copy of it on your computer.
- Download and drag this config.txt file into the memory card contents.
config.txt (28.1 KB)
- Safely eject the card from your computer.
- Make sure the board is still off when you reinsert the memory card.
- Power the board on and try running a simple test on some scrap material.
Try doing a ramp test to determine your focal point for cutting or engraving. Also, do a power scale test to try to determine what settings give you the best engraving output. Are your lens and mirrors clean and oriented properly? Has anything changed recently on your machine?